Worried about a Child?
If you are worried about a child please contact :
- Central Bedfordshire Access and Referral Hub on 0300 300 8585
- If you urgently need help outside office hours you can contact Social Care Emergency Duty Team on 0300 300 8123
- Hertfordshire 0300 123 4043 – call us anytime if you’re a child or young person being abused or mistreated or if you’re an adult worried about a young person.
- Police on 101 or in an emergency 999 if you’re in immediate danger or a crime is being committed.
- NSPCC 0808 800 5000
We work closely with our local authorities Early Help Assessment Teams (EHA) as a way of bringing together appropriate and relevant services to ensure children, young people and their families get the help and support they need.
Our manager is an ambassador for CEOP. Child Exploitation and Online Protection.
- CEOP is a command of the National Crime Agency and works to pursue and prosecute child sex offenders.
- CEOP works with child protection partners across the UK and overseas to identify the main threats to children and coordinates activity against these threats to bring offenders to account. We protect children from harm online and offline
- Thinkuknow is unique. It is underpinned by the latest intelligence about child sex offending from CEOP Command
- Thinkuknow aims to ensure that everyone has access to this practical information – children, young people, their parents and carers and the professionals who work with them.
Our Designated Safeguarding Officers are:
- Gemma Porterfield 07455725505 (mobile)
- Joanne Roberts 01462 342050 (office)
Our staff are training to recognise signs of abuse and work with other agencies to prevent such occurrences. We cover areas such as:
- Domestic violence
- Mental Health
- Modern Slavery
- Private Fostering
- Radicalisation & Extremism
- Substance Misuse
- Safer Recruitment
Our Safeguarding Policies:
Safeguarding Children/Child Protection Policy – Hertfordshire >>Safeguarding Children/Child Protection Policy – Bedfordshire >>